Spend an early summer night watching fireflies glow in Mitsue Village. The bus will take you to our special secret firefly spots. You want to drive by yourself? Read on the page, we listed other places to catch those glowing insects.
Firefly Watching Bus Tour
- Friday June 22 & Saturday June 23, 2018
- Check in at "Ise Hon-Kaido Mitsue" Rest Area (道の駅「伊勢本街道 御杖」) anytime after 5:30 pm, before the bus leaves. Once you check in and are given a ticket, you are free to leave. Make sure you come back to the rest area at least 5 minute before the first bus leaves. (Please see the time table below)
- Actual watching time is approximately 20 minutes
- The tour is available only for the first 200 applicants
- Ride one of the following three buses according to your ticket number.
Bus #1: leaves at 8:00 pm / departs from the watching spot at 8:40 pm (Ticket 1-94)
Bus #2: leaves at 8:25 pm / departs from the watching spot at 9:10 pm (Ticket 95-188)
Bus #3: leaves at 8:55 pm / departs from the watching spot at 9:35 pm (Ticket 189-282)
- Download the flyer (in Japanese)
Drive it yourself
If you prefer driving to one of the spots on your own, try these places:
Maruyama Park (丸山公園)