Only in Japan!
A free rock concert at Buddhist Temple
A hard rock concert will be held at Soyu-ji Temple (宗祐寺) in Uda City on Sunday, June 3. The headliner is Earthshaker, Japan's one of the most legendary hard rock bands. If you like music like Judas Priest, AC/DC, KISS or Guns 'N' Roses, you'll be enjoying the concert for sure!
How to enjoy Tera Rock 2018
The following is translated information from the organizer. (translated and edited by ENN staff)
Tera means temple in Japanese. Tera Rock is a free rock concert, which is held annually at Soyu-ji Temple in Uda City, Nara prefecture to help the town thrive. We especially thank Soyu-ji Temple for their support to make this happen. We ask for your consideration and cooperation in order to make this event a greater one for each and every rock fan.
There is a donation booth at the venue. Your understanding and cooperation will be deeply appreciated.
Tera Rock is also a part of the local event called "Okage Festival of Ise Kaido". Meet the local people, enjoy many other exciting events and delicious local food there.
Okage Festival starts at 10 am, while the concert itself is from 11:30 am.
Sunday, June 3rd 2018
at Soyu-ji Temple
- 11:30am Doors open
- 11:40am Show starts
- 11:40am-12:00 Uudas Priest (as Judas Priest)
- 12:10pm-12:40pm KISS ARMY FROM ARENA (as KISS)
- 12:50pm-1:20pm A4/B4 (as AC/DC)
- 1:30pm-2:00pm GUNS NANTE DODES (as GUNS 'N' ROSES)
- 2:10pm-2:40p 王様 (Ōsama)
- 2:50pm-4:00pm Earthshaker
10-minute walk from Haibara Station (榛原) of Kintetsu Railway（Check Haibara here）
We recommend using public transportation. If you are to drive, park your car in a parking lot near Haibara Station, as there are no free parking spots available for the audience at the temple.
- Tera Rock is a standing concert. If you like to sit, you can bring your own seat such as a small folding chair. The staff will arrange seats for elderly people and people with disabilities.
- No entry allowed except the audience area at the temple.
- Do not enter the temple before 11:30 am.
- In case of overcrowding, admission may be limited in order to secure the safety of the audience.
- You can bring in beverages but no food is allowed to be brought in. Take your trash home as there are no trash cans at the venue.
- No umbrellas allowed during the event, except in uncrowded areas
- The event will be held unless it is heavily raining. If you are worried about an unstable weather, prepare your rain gear.
- Women's restrooms are located in Hondo (main temple building).
- Refrain from reserving your seat with your belongings such as picnic sheets to avoid any troubles.
- No video or audio recording, no photography is allowed during the performance by Earthshaker.
- Follow the instructions by the staff organizers.
- Prepare for hot weather. Drink water to prevent dehydration.
The event will be canceled in case of stormy weather
Check one of the below pages for cancellation information