Only in Japan!
A free rock concert at Buddhist temple
A hard rock concert will be held at Soyu-ji Temple (宗祐寺) in Uda City on Sunday, June 2. Tera means temple in Japanese. Old meets modern. See the best tribute rock bands in the nation at a historical tera in an old town. Did you see "Bohemian Rapsody"? I'm sure you did! A Queen tribute band will be playing this year. Don't miss it!
How to enjoy Tera Rock
The following is translated information from the organizer. (translated and edited by ENN staff)
Tera Rock is a free rock concert, which is held annually at Soyu-ji Temple in Uda City, Nara prefecture to help the town thrive. We especially thank Soyu-ji Temple for their support to make this happen. We ask for your consideration and cooperation in order to make this event a greater one for each and every rock fan.
There is a donation booth at the venue. Your understanding and cooperation will be deeply appreciated.
Tera Rock is a part of the local event called "Okage Festival of Ise Kaido". Since old times, the Haibara district in Uda City has been an important location between Yamato and Ise, as a diverging point of the two important roads: Ise-Honkaido and Hase-Kaido. Especially the area around ‘Aburaya’, the original Edo-period Inn, is filled with historic atmosphere, and reminds us of those days.
Meet the local people, appreciate the history of Edo period, enjoy exciting events and delicious local food there.
Sunday, June 2nd, 2019 at Soyu-ji Temple
Doors open at 11:30 am, show starts at noon
Okage Festival itself starts at 10 a.m.
- 王様 (Ōsama)
- 9UEEN (as Queen)
- Uudas Priest (as Judas Priest)
- oROCKs (as The Blue Hearts)
10-minute walk from Haibara Station (榛原) of Kintetsu Railway（Check Haibara here）
We recommend using public transportation. If you are to drive, park your car in a parking lot near Haibara Station, as there are no free parking spots available for the audience at the temple.
- Tera Rock is a standing concert. If you like to sit, you can bring your own seat such as a small folding chair. The staff will arrange seats for elderly people and people with disabilities.
- No entry allowed except the audience area at the temple.
- Do not enter the temple before 11:30 am.
- In case of overcrowding, admission may be limited in order to secure the safety of the audience.
- You can bring in beverages but no food is allowed to be brought in. Take your trash home as there are no trash cans at the venue.
- No umbrellas allowed during the event, except in uncrowded areas
- The event will be held unless it is heavily raining. If you are worried about unstable weather, prepare your rain gear.
- Women's restrooms are located in Hondo (main temple building).
- Refrain from reserving your seat with your belongings such as picnic sheets to avoid any troubles.
- Follow the instructions by the staff organizers.
- Prepare for hot weather. Drink water to prevent dehydration.
The event will be canceled in case of stormy weather
Check one of the below pages for cancellation information
- Tera Rock Facebook page (in Japanese)
- Okage Festival Facebook page (in Japanese)
- ENN Tourism Twitter
- ENN Tourism Facebook