Purify your body and soul by meditating under the holy waterfall. You will be guided to the destination, Dainichi Falls, located off-trail at Akame 48 Waterfalls. Inspired by the takigyo or ascetic waterfall practice, which was done here in ancient times, you will be standing under streaming water in a white kimono.
After you refresh, bathe in a hot spring to relax with the complimentary bathing ticket. For those who want to stay longer, there are hotels, inns and a campsite nearby. Check the accommodation list here, or contact us for further assistance.
Note: No religious rituals are conducted on this tour.
This tour is available from:
June 1st - October 31st
Reservation is required at least two days in advance.
Meeting point & Time:
Eco Tour Desk in Akame Visitor Center (Map below)
Check-in by 9:30 a.m. (the center opens at 9 a.m.)
4,000 yen (includes entrance fee, hot spring bathing ticket, rental gear, and insurance)
Number of participants:
Minimum 5, Maximum 15
What to bring:
Bathing suit, sneakers or trekking shoes, comfortable clothes, backpack to carry Shugendo gear (rental), towels for changing and bathing
- This is a guided tour. English-speaking guide available.
- You must be 16 years old or older to participate in this program.
- Tour is subject to cancellation in case of inclement weather.
- Akame 48 Waterfalls
- 861-1 Akame-cho Nagasaka, Nabari City, Mie Prefecture
- Information on this site
- Related links
- Blog post: Waterfall Meditation at Ninja Training Ground
- Waterfall Meditation Tour information in Japanese
Book online here
Contact us for further assistance and/or booking
If you need an English-speaking guide, please say so on the form.